I can provide training for complete novices, beginners and those who want to extend their knowledge further.
No matter what you experience is I can tailor a training course for your needs, but as an example:
Novice (1/2 day – approx 4 hours):
- Finding your way around your camera and how it works
- Shooting modes, what they mean and how to choose them appropriately
- Composing your shots
Beginner (1/2 day – approx 4 hours):
- Aperture / Shutter Speed / ISO Settings: the keystones of photography.
- White balance and how it affects images.
- Shooting handheld: an important rule of thumb
- Getting out of the “auto mode” and taking control.
- Controlling Exposure: using the histogram
- Exposure Compensation
Intermediate (1/2 day – approx 4 hours):
- Using different focus modes
- Using different metering modes
- Controlling depth of field
- RAW vs JPEG- when to use it
- Manual shooting
Other types of tuition:
- High Dynamic Range: capturing images where there is a strong contrast in the subject that exceed the camera’s dynamic range.
- Using Lightroom: getting your images into Lightroom, organising and editing.
- Photoshop: using layers, creating panoramic images.
See my prices for more details.